Pan Sauteed Chicken with Vegetables & Herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 pound new potato, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces fresh whole baby carrots (about 16), green tops trimmed to 1-inch
- 1 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the black pepper, paprika and flour on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, stock, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
Bake at 350°F. for 20 minutes. Uncover the skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes