Pan-Roasted Swordfish with Tarragon-Mustard Sauce
This was posted on Food52 and was totally delicious! Very quick, and worthy of a special occasion, but easy enough to make anyday. http://food52.com/recipes/5755-pan-roasted-swordfish-with-tarragon-mustard-sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter slightly softenend
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard smooth style
- 1 - 2 pound(s) swondfish 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup(s) vermouth
- 1/8 cup(s) shallot very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 olive oil
- 2 fresh tarragon may sub dried
- 1. Mash softened butter and mustard until smooth. Chill.
- 2. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small saucepan,
- 4. combine vermouth and shallot. Over high heat, bring to a boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to very low and add the mustard butter, a tablespoon at a time, whisking after each addition until butter is incorporated. Keep sauce warm.
- 5. Heat an oven-proof pan to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil. Place fish in pan and cook until nicely browned on the bottom, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip fish and place pan in the oven. Roast the fish for about 10 minutes, or until done.
- 6. Stir the chopped tarragon into the sauce. Spoon sauce over warm plate. Lay fish on top of sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylTaylor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note