Pan-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Fennel
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch wedges, some of the feathery tops finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a bowl, toss the sweet potato chunks and fennel wedges with the olive oil, brown sugar and mace; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread the vegetables in a large nonstick roasting pan. Roast for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes and fennel are tender and caramelized. Transfer them to a platter, sprinkle with the fennel tops and serve.
- Make Ahead: The roasted vegetables can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat in a 400° oven before serving.
- Notes: Per Serving: Calories 211 kcal, Total Fat 6.2 gm, Saturated Fat 1 gm
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This