Pan-roasted oyster stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) celery, diced
- 2 cup(s) leeks, diced
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 pint(s) fresh shucked oysters
- 4 baguette slices, toasted
- fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Sweat celery and leeks in butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook, covered, until softened, 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add carrots and cook 4-5 minutes. Pour in cream and milk and simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in oysters and their liquor and gently simmer until oysters are cooked through. Season to taste with salt. Garnish servings with a baguette, parsley and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-roasted oyster stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews