This soup is creamy and delicious! I make this at least once every two weeks!
Pan-Roasted Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 27.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 742mg
- Calcium: 300mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package fresh gourmet-blend mushrooms
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 (2.75-ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice (such as Gourmet House)
- 1 (6-ounce) package light garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese wedges (such as The Laughing Cow)
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and celery mixture; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are browned, stirring occasionally.
- 2. While mushroom mixture cooks, prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Unwrap cheese; chop into bite-sized pieces.
- 3. Add milk, cheese, thyme, pepper, and salt to mushroom mixture, stirring well; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts and soup thickens. Stir in rice. Cook 1 minute or until heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes