Pan-roasted Halibut with Kale Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
More From Coastal Living
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or almonds
- 4 cups lightly packed torn kale (ribs removed)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, at least 1 inch thick
- 1 pound small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place garlic and nuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups kale, 1/2 cup olive oil, cheese, and lemon juice. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Add remaining 2 cups kale and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; process until blended.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear halibut 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Turn fillets over, and place tomatoes around fish in pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until fish is flaky and tomatoes are tender. Top fish with kale pesto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note