Pan-Roasted Grouper with Provençale Vegetables
Jim Bathie; Jan Gautro
Use a broiler pan for both components of this recipe. The fennel-tomato mixture cooks in the bottom of the pan, helping to steam the fish on the rack above.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 grouper fillet and 3/4 cup fennel mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 898mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 medium bulb)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 16 picholine olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss well. Spoon mixture into bottom of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; stir once.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, oil, and garlic; brush evenly over fish. Remove pan from oven. Place fish on rack of pan coated with cooking spray; place rack over fennel mixture.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes