Pan-Roasted Chicken with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Cooks Country Aug/Sep 2011
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Pan-Roasted Chicken with Cheesy-Herb Mashed Potatoes
- August/September 2011
- My FavoritesShopping ListPrintE-mail
- WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- For roasted chicken and mashed potatoes in less than 30 minutes, we cooked the chicken parts skin side down until they were golden and well-rendered, and we microwaved the potatoes in chicken broth. Boursin cheese added big flavor to both the mashed potatoes and the pan sauce, not to mention it nicely thickened the sauce.
- Serves 4
- For easy prep, buy 2-inch red potatoes.
- 2pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5-ounce) package Boursin cheese
- 1/4cup minced fresh chives
- 4 (12-ounce) bone-in split chicken breasts, trimmed and halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- 1. Microwave potatoes and ½ cup broth in large covered bowl until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add 1/3 cup Boursin and 2 tablespoons chives and, using potato masher, mash mixture. Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken, skin side down, until well browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until meat registers 160 degrees, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and tent loosely with foil.
- 2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add remaining ¾ cup broth, wine, and any accumulated chicken juices and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons Boursin and remaining 2 tablespoons chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over chicken and serve with potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes