Pan-Roasted Artichokes with Lemon and Garlic
With a subtly flavored ingredient like artichokes, sometimes the simplest approach is best when preparing this side dish of Pan-Roasted Artichokes with Lemon and Garlic. A little roasted lemon, garlic, and fragrant rosemary are all you need to make tender baby artichokes shine.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 18 baby artichokes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-inch) rosemary sprig
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine water and 3 tablespoons juice in a bowl. Cut off top 1/2 inch of artichokes. Cut stems to within 1 inch of bases; peel stems. Remove tough outer leaves, leaving tender cores. Halve each lengthwise; add to water.
- 3. Drain artichokes; pat dry. Combine artichokes, oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl; toss to coat. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add half of artichoke mixture to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining artichoke mixture. Return artichokes to pan; add lemon slices and rosemary. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Remove rosemary leaves, and sprinkle over artichoke mixture; discard stem and any blackened lemon. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note