Pan Roasted All-Natural Chicken
Vegetable sides can be prepared while chicken is roasting Related Recipes: Marsala Jus, Red-skinned Potato Hash with Shallot and Tomato, and Sugar Snap Peas & Garden Vegetables W-S Journal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) all-natural chicken
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1. Clean chicken; cut into eight pieces. Season with chopped herbs, salt, and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium to medium-high heat until they start to smoke. Saute chicken breasts, skin side down until seared, browned, and golden. (Be sure not to crowd the pan; cook in batches if necessary.)
- 2. Flip chicken breasts and roast in oven in same pan at 325 until just done, 25 to 35 minutes, allowing for that chicken will continue to cook for a minute or two after it is out of the oven. (The breasts probably will be done a few minutes before the dark meat, so check the breasts early.) Set aside to rest.
- 4. Add Marsala jus to chicken and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note