- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 398
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 6.9 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 32.7 g
- carbohydrate 39.3 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 409 mg
- calcium 46 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, shallots, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Slowly add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle shallot mixture over pasta; toss well to coat.
For baby: Omit black pepper. Shred the fish into bite-sized pieces. Serve fish and a spoonful of orzo mixture in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate.