Loved the pineapple salsa, it gave the salmon a really great flavor. We used canned pineapple instead of fresh and used a cast iron grill pan instead of non-stick. Served with steamed asparagus. Will definitely make again!
Pan-Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
More From Health
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 36.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt. Cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Top with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note