great new dish with flavors I had not experimented with before. This is a must try for something new and different.
Pan-Grilled Chicken with Cranberry Salsa
Usher in the warm flavors of cooler seasons with a dish that plates thin chicken breast halves with cranberry sauce and a bright cilantro cream topping.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/3 cup sauce, and 2 teaspoons cilantro cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12-ounce) container cranberry-orange sauce (such as Ocean Spray)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until done. Keep warm.
- Combine onions, jalapeños, vinegar, and cranberry sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, and cream cheese in a small bowl; stir well to combine. Spoon salsa evenly onto individual plates. Place chicken on top of salsa; top with a dollop of cilantro cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-Grilled Chicken with Cranberry Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes