After the turkey is roasted and "resting" on a serving platter, reuse the broiler pan to make this golden gravy.
This recipe goes with Orange-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Pan drippings
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 teaspoon browning-and-seasoning sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine flour and water in a small bowl, stirring well; set aside.
- Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; skim off fat. Add enough water to pan drippings to equal 3 cups. Combine pan drippings, chicken broth, and remaining 3 ingredients in broiler pan; stir in flour mixture.
- Using two burners, bring gravy to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to loosen any browned particles in pan. Reduce heat, and boil 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Note: If you use only one burner to make gravy, it may take longer for it to thicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments