One of the easiest and tastiest recipes ever. Great for high protein diets.
Pan-Fried Trout with Tomato Basil Sauté
A tomato sauce moistens the fish, making this company-worthy recipe foolproof.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 fillet and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Protein: 44.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 169mg
- 2 ounces chopped pancetta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) trout fillets, divided
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Heat pancetta in a medium skillet over low heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until pancetta begins to brown. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from heat, and stir in basil leaves.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add 2 fillets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining 2 fillets. Top fish with tomato mixture. Serve fish with lemon wedges.
- Sustainable Choice: When shopping, look for U.S.-farmed rainbow trout. Avoid wild-caught lake trout.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes