I found this recipe searching for a good, quick, tartar sauce recipe for some potato crusted cod filet's I had in the oven. I happened to have all of the ingredients so I just started throwing them into a bowl without measuring and adjusted the pepper and lemon zest to taste as I went along. I highly recommend this as a great tartar sauce that is easy to whip up and you can enjoy right away. Best tartar sauce I've ever made and will be a regular addition to our fish nights.
Pan-Fried Tilapia with Tangy Tartar Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.0g
- Protein: 35.8g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 841mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Calcium: 242mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons (about 4 pickles)
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets. Serve fish with tartar sauce. Garnish with fresh chives and lemon slices, if desired.
- Note: Substitute baby dill pickles for the cornichons, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This