Pan-Fried Tilapia with Maque Choux
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Calcium: 39mg
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 small)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped poblano chile
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut kernels from ears of corn in a medium bowl to catch juices.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, onion, and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in red pepper, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook 3 minutes. Remove corn mixture from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spoon maque choux onto plates; top with fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note