- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn cut off the cob (about 4 ears)
- 3/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup small diced Yukon gold potato
- 3/4 cup yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rough chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 204
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 271 mg
- calcium 21 mg
How to Make It
Heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat.
Add the butter and the oil. Swirl. Let the butter melt.
Add the sweet corn and bell pepper, and raise the heat to high. Fry, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, allowing the corn to get slightly browned.
Lower the heat to medium-high and add the potato. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium-low, and add the onion, thyme, and garlic.
Sprinkle in the sugar, the salt, and the ground red pepper. Stir. Cook 3 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Crank the heat to high for a minute or two, stirring frequently, to give the dish a final browning.
Turn off the heat and stir in the cider vinegar. Fold to coat.
Finish with the parsley. Serve over Butter-Seared Sea Scallops.