- 2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt-free Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's), divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- calories 427
- fat 19.5 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 11.3 g
- polyfat 4 g
- protein 38.4 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 261 mg
- iron 4.7 mg
- sodium 511 mg
- calcium 111 mg
How to Make It
Combine flour, 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and salt in a shallow dish. Pour milk into a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture; dip in milk. Dredge shrimp in breadcrumbs; shake off excess breading.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and shrimp.
Combine mayonnaise, remaining Creole seasoning, Worcestershire, and hot sauce in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve Creole mayonnaise with shrimp.
Sustainable Choice: Buy U.S. or Canadian wild-caught or farmed shrimp for the best sustainable option.