Pan-Fried Pork Cutlets
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 6 serving-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Flatten cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dredge cutlets in 1/4 cup flour.
- Sauté cutlets in oil and bacon drippings in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup flour to pan drippings, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add remaining salt and pepper.
- Add cutlets to skillet, arranging over cream gravy. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, turning cutlets frequently. Remove cutlets to a serving platter; spoon gravy over cutlets, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Note: Six (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds) may be substituted for tenderloin; do not flatten.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This