This is now my favorite okra dish. It's simple, quick to make, and has a great presentation. I substituted cherry tomatoes and yellow onion, just because that was what I had on hand.
Pan-fried Okra, Onion, and Tomatoes
Tender okra pods, zesty red onion, and juicy tomatoes come together in this light and healthy Southern stir-fry.
More From Southern Living
Fry: 6 Minutes
- 2 pounds fresh okra
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1. Cut okra in half lengthwise.
- 2. Pour 1/4 cup oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook okra in hot oil, in batches, 6 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet, and drain well on paper towels. Repeat with remaining okra, adding remaining 1/4 cup oil as needed. Cool.
- 3. Stir together onion and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; Add okra, tossing to coat. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note