Everything in this dish was good but there was too much sauce for the noodles. Next time I will make 1/3 the amount of sauce and pour that over the scallops leaving the noodles just panfroed without the sauce. It will taste more like an authentic Chinese restauarant dish.
Pan-Fried Noodles with Scallops
Pat noodles and scallops dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture before pan-frying. They'll be nicely crisp.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 447mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 8 ounces uncooked Chinese egg noodles
- 1 pound large sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well. Pat noodles dry with paper towels; set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish; dredge scallops in cornmeal. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add noodles; pat into an even layer in pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned, shaking pan occasionally. Carefully turn the noodles over in sections; cook 3 minutes or until browned, shaking pan occasionally. Place browned noodles on a platter.
- Heat sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drizzle sauce over noodles; top with scallops. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes