- 8 ounces uncooked Chinese egg noodles
- 1 pound large sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- calories 308
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 10 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 38.6 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 447 mg
- calcium 40 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well. Pat noodles dry with paper towels; set aside.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish; dredge scallops in cornmeal. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add noodles; pat into an even layer in pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned, shaking pan occasionally. Carefully turn the noodles over in sections; cook 3 minutes or until browned, shaking pan occasionally. Place browned noodles on a platter.
Heat sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drizzle sauce over noodles; top with scallops. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.