Tasty, easy to make, and, with appropriate side dishes, elegant enough for company. But I'll continue to make this just for myself even if I don't have visitors!
Pan-Fried Halibut with Rémoulade
Panko has recently become widely available, so you should find it in your grocery store—either with the other dry breadcrumbs or in the Asian foods section.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, about 1 tablespoon sauce, and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 39.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 691mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1. To prepare sauce, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- 2. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place panko in another shallow dish. Place egg white in another shallow dish.
- 3. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and garlic powder. Working with 1 fillet at a time, dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip fish into egg white, allowing excess to drip off. Coat fish completely with panko, pressing lightly. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining fish, flour, egg white, and panko.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add fish to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes