Pan-Fried Egg Rolls
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, divided
- 12 ounces fresh bean sprouts, chopped
- 12 (8-inch) egg roll wrappers
- 12 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and split in half lengthwise (about 13 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 103
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 7.9 g
- carbohydrate 8.7 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 207 mg
- calcium 23 mg
How to Make It
Combine 3 tablespoons chili sauce and bean sprouts, tossing well to coat.
Working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers to prevent drying), place wrapper onto work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you (wrapper should look like a diamond). Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons bean sprout mixture into center of wrapper; top with 2 shrimp halves and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Fold lower corner of wrapper over filling; fold in side corners. Moisten top corner of wrapper with water; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Place egg roll, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers, bean sprout mixture, shrimp, and cilantro.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 egg rolls, seam side down; cook 7 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Place on a wire rack. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 6 egg rolls.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon chili sauce, vinegar, and remaining ingredients. Serve sauce with egg rolls.