Pan-Fried Cornmeal Chicken with Corn and Onions
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 20.6g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 2.0g
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place cornmeal and seasoning in a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and shake well to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add chicken, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, and corn to pan; sauté 2 minutes over medium heat. Add salt and black pepper.
- Combine chicken broth and cornstarch, stirring well; add to chicken, and cook until slightly thickened and bubbly. Serve corn mixture over chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note