One of my husband's favorites. I usually pound the chicken down to make it thinner, and if it starts burning, I'll finish in the oven. Also delicious with bbq or wing sauce.
Pan-Fried Chicken Fingers with Spicy Dipping Sauce
These lightened-up chicken fingers are dredged in a crunchy cereal coating, lightly pan-fried, and served with a spicy homemade mayo that's perfect for dipping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 34.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.6g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups whole-grain flake cereal (such as Kashi 7-Grain Flakes), finely crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. To prepare sauce, combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- 2. To prepare chicken, combine flour, black pepper, and paprika. Place flour mixture in a shallow dish. Combine eggs and 1 tablespoon water; place in another shallow dish. Place crushed cereal in another shallow dish.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in cereal.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken pieces to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This