Pan-Fried Chicken-and-Spinach Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) jar poppy seed dressing
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 2. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done; remove from skillet, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Toss together baby spinach, apple slices, and 1/2 cup walnuts, and divide between 4 serving plates; top evenly with cooked chicken.
- 4. Stir together poppy seed dressing, cranberries, and blue cheese; serve with salad.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Poppyseed Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes