- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) jar poppy seed dressing
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
How to Make It
Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until done; remove from skillet, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Toss together baby spinach, apple slices, and 1/2 cup walnuts, and divide between 4 serving plates; top evenly with cooked chicken.
Stir together poppy seed dressing, cranberries, and blue cheese; serve with salad.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Poppyseed Dressing.