looks great, but where's the parmesan???
Pan-Fried Chicken-and-Ham Parmesan
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thinly sliced smoked deli ham slices (about 1/4 lb.)
- 4 (1-oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Garlic-Herb Pasta
- Sautéed Grape Tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 Tbsp. water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- 2. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
- 3. Bake chicken in skillet at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over Garlic-Herb Pasta; top with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes.
- Garlic-Herb Pasta: Cook 8 oz. vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1/4 cup Garlic-Herb Butter. Season with salt to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- Garlic-Herb Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter; 1 large garlic clove, pressed; 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil; 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley; and 1/4 tsp. salt until well blended. Use immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days. For longer storage, form into a log or press into ice cube trays, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap; freeze up to 1 month. Makes 1/2 cup. Prep: 15 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This