looks great, but where's the parmesan???
Pan-Fried Chicken-and-Ham Parmesan
Pan-fry chicken breasts, then top with ham and cheese and bake in the same skillet. Serve with herbed pasta and sautéed tomatoes for an easy dinner that's perfect for company or family.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 8 Minutes
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thinly sliced smoked deli ham slices (about 1/4 lb.)
- 4 (1-oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Garlic-Herb Pasta
- Sautéed Grape Tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 Tbsp. water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- 2. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
- 3. Bake chicken in skillet at 350° for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve over Garlic-Herb Pasta; top with Sautéed Grape Tomatoes.
- Garlic-Herb Pasta: Cook 8 oz. vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1/4 cup Garlic-Herb Butter. Season with salt to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- Garlic-Herb Butter: Stir together 1/2 cup softened butter; 1 large garlic clove, pressed; 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil; 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley; and 1/4 tsp. salt until well blended. Use immediately, or cover and chill up to 3 days. For longer storage, form into a log or press into ice cube trays, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap; freeze up to 1 month. Makes 1/2 cup. Prep: 15 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note