Pan-Fried Catfish with Cajun Tartar Sauce
This fish is extremely flavorful and fiery with a kick of Cajun tartar sauce. Spice up your mundane meal plan and serve this gluten-free dinner on a weeknight. It's so easy to make!
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 742mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with Cajun seasoning and salt. Add 2 fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan, and keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 fillets.
- 2. While fish cooks, combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with fish.
Instead of a traditional crunchy coating, we used a Cajun spice blend to season the fish and pan-fried it in a pan coated with cooking spray, which helps keep calories in check and is less involved than deep-fat frying. For a spicier sauce, add more hot pepper sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note