Pan-Fried Brook Trout with Sage Butter
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) trout-cleaned & de-boned;Skin left on;head & tail may be removed
- 1 stick(s) butter-softened
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 8 piece(s) fresh sage leaves-minced
- 8 piece(s) fresh sage leaves-whole
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Combine flour with salt & pepper.
- Combine softened butter with minced sage. Place in a small plastic container and refrigerate.
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry. Cut a few diagonal slashes along each side of the fish. Dredge fish in seasoned flour until coated.
- Heat 2 Tbs butter in a large heavy frying pan until it begins to bubble. Insert the whole sage leaves in the cavity of the fish and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden.
- Place a pat of the prepared sage butter on each fish and garnish with slices of lemon and parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by martcantor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note