I love tofu and its extremely rich in proteins. If you are a pure vegetarian, then you should have it every day. I make a curry out of it and eat it with teamed rice. In a pan put 2 tablespoons canola oil when hot add a green chilly and saute 2 finely chopped onions, when brown add a tea spoon garlic pasted and a tea spoon garlic paste. You can use it in powdered form too.Mix it well. Add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and saute till the moisture dries, Add 2 (14-ounce) packages water-packed firm tofu, drained. Put some salt to taste and mix well. Add a cup of water and simmer this curry till the tofu is cooked. Goes well with steamed rice.
Pan-Crisped Tofu with Greens and Peanut Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 227mg
- 1/3 cup white miso (soybean paste)
- 1/3 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 (14-ounce) packages water-packed firm tofu, drained
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- Minced fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients, 1/4 cup peanuts, and 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Cut each tofu block crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Arrange tofu on several layers of paper towels. Top with several more layers of paper towels; top with a cast-iron skillet or other heavy pan. Let stand 30 minutes. Remove tofu from paper towels.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 8 tofu slices to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden. Remove from pan, and drain tofu on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 8 tofu slices. Place 1 cup greens on each of 8 plates. Top each serving with 2 tofu slices, 3 tablespoons miso mixture, and 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped peanuts. Garnish each serving with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This