Pané Chicken With Sweet 'n' Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
Pané chicken is an easy entrée. Just pound the chicken thin, bread, and cook in a skillet. Drizzle the homemade sweet 'n' spicy red pepper sauce over the top.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 15 Minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Sweet 'n' Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- Garnish: parsley sprigs
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Set chicken aside.
- 2. Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 3. Whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water. Dip chicken in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet; chill 15 minutes.
- 4. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken. Serve with Sweet 'n' Spicy Red Pepper Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note