This was pretty good. I love it mainly because of the technique!
Toasted walnuts lend a delightful, nutty crunch to Pan-Charred Asparagus. it's a quick and easy side and a nice change-up to roasted asparagus.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 11 Minutes
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces (2 1/2-inch) pieces trimmed asparagus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat a medium, heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Immediately add asparagus pieces to pan, shaking them into a single layer; cook, without stirring, 2 minutes or until asparagus is very lightly charred. Cook asparagus 5 more minutes or until crisp-tender and evenly charred, tossing occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat. Let asparagus rest 1 minute. Add walnut oil; toss to coat asparagus pieces. Add lemon juice; toss. Turn on heat if necessary to evaporate most of liquid. Sprinkle asparagus with tarragon and salt; toss. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note