Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound haricots verts, or slender green beans
- 1 pound baby pattypan squash
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Cook beans and squash in boiling water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Toss with sesame oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: Beans and squash may be prepared ahead. Plunge cooked vegetables into ice water until cool. Drain well. Just before serving, steam vegetables until thoroughly heated; drain well, and proceed as above.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables