my fav cookies
Notes: Thaw dough at room temperature for about 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator. Look for large-crystal decorating sugar at cake-decorating supply stores and some well-stocked supermarkets. Store palmiers airtight at room temperature up to 3 days; freeze to store longer.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Cholesterol: 0.6mg
- About 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (see notes)
- Clear large-crystal decorating sugar (optional)
- 1. Sprinkle work surface lightly with granulated sugar. Lay one sheet of puff pastry flat on surface and sprinkle evenly with about 3 tablespoons sugar. Beginning at one side, fold in dough, 1/2 inch at a time, to the center of the square. Repeat to fold in the other side so the two rolls are touching.
- 2. With a sharp knife, cut roll crosswise into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay cookies flat, 1 inch apart, on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. Repeat to fold and slice remaining sheet of puff pastry; arrange cookies on baking sheets. Sprinkle cookies generously with large-crystal decorating sugar (or more granulated sugar).
- 3. Bake cookies in a 375° regular or convection oven until golden brown all over, 18 to 22 minutes; if baking more than one sheet at a time in one oven, switch positions halfway through baking. Transfer palmiers to racks to cool completely.
- Nutritional analysis per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note