Paleo Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1 pound(s) Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 whole(s) Red Onion
- 3 clove(s) Garlic
- 15 ounce(s) Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) Roasted Red peppers Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 whole(s) Fresh Basil
- 1 whole(s) Small Butternut Squash peeled and quartered
- 1. Get your oven to 400ºF.
- 2. In a saute pan crumble the sausage and brown it, along with the onions & garlic. 3. While that’s going, cut the top and ends of the squash off and peel it. Split it into 1/4′s. What I mean by that is, right where the squash starts to turn bulbous, cut it in 1/2, width-wise. Split those two halves in half, lengthwise. This will make it much easier to cut into planks. Pull out the seeds. Don’t be anal about getting out all the strings, as you won’t even notice those when they’re cooked. Slice the squash into the aforementioned planks.
- 4. Make the sauce by pureeing the pizza sauce, red peppers, olive oil and basil. If you don’t a contraption that will puree (blender, food processor, immersion blender), chop up the red peppers and just whisk everything together.
- 5. Using a 9×9 oven safe baking dish, put down enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the dish. (This keeps the squash from sticking to the pan.) Next add the squash, trying not to overlap the pieces, then spoon on the sausage mixture, followed by the sauce. Repeat until all your ingredients are used up…trying to reserve enough sauce to cover the top of the lasagna.
- 6. Bake for 45 minutes. You’re looking for a bubbly pan with a crispy, browned top. Right out of the oven, the lasagna may by liquidy, let it set for a good half hour before cutting into it, as it will solidify.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kandrea8 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Paleo Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes