- 5 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- calories 295
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 43.6 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 321 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Place bread in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until crumbly. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley; set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush both sides of chicken with lemon juice. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken, and seal bag; shake to coat.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt. Dip chicken in egg white; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3 chicken breast halves; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken.
carbo rating: 11