- 3 (5-oz.) packages yellow rice
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 skinned and boned chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) container refrigerated prechopped tricolor bell pepper
- 1 (5.75-oz.) jar pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) container refrigerated prechopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 cup frozen English peas, thawed
How to Make It
Place rice in bottom of a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
Sauté sausage and chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage mixture and place in slow cooker over rice, reserving 2 tablespoon drippings in pan. Top with bell pepper and olives.
Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings in skillet 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth and tomatoes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Pour onion mixture over chicken mixture in slow cooker. (Do not stir.) Cover and cook on Low 3 hours.
Meanwhile, peel shrimp, leaving tails on.
Add shrimp and peas to slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.