- 1/2 pound uncooked rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- calories 345
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 22.9 g
- carbohydrate 41.4 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 197 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 1280 mg
- calcium 77 mg
How to Make It
Combine rice sticks and boiling water in a bowl; let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain; set aside.
Combine fish sauce, ketchup, sugar, and 3 tablespoons water in a bowl; stir well. Set aside.
Combine peanuts, green onions, cilantro, and pepper in a bowl; stir well. Set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and stir-fry 1 1/2 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add eggs; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice sticks and fish sauce mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet; add bean sprouts, and stir-fry an additional 30 seconds. Spoon 2 cups mixture onto each of 6 plates; top each with 2 tablespoons peanut mixture, and serve with lime wedges.