Pad See Ew
Community Recipe from
- 1 egg
- 9 ounce(s) Chinese broccoli chopped to include stems
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) grapeseed oil
- 1-2 dash(es) fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 8 ounce(s) pork loin cut into very thin bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) oyster sauce
- 2-3 dash(es) dark sesame oil
- Marinate by tossing the pork and all the sauces together until well mixed. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes before cooking time.
- 225g or 8oz of pork loin,
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
- a splash of dark sesame oil
- Heat the wok on the highest heat your stove can handle. When the pan is very hot, add a tiny splash of oil. Throw in the broccoli stems and toss quickly in the hot pan for just a few seconds. Add the leafy part and a splash of fish sauce. Toss quickly again until the leafs are wilted. Transfer the broccoli into a plate and set aside.
- Add another splash of oil to hot pan and throw in the noodles. Shake the wok a few times and toss the noodles to coat them with oil. Add just a little less than a tablespoon of thick soy sauce, and a few splash of fish sauce. through and nicely charred in parts, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- Add another splash of oil, follow by garlic and the marinated pork (or whatever protein you use). Spread the pork pieces around the wok and let it char. When the pork are done, push them over to the side of the wok and crack one egg into the middle of the well you've made with the pork. Let the egg set for a few seconds and then stir everything together quickly. Add cooked broccoli and noodles back into the pan. Toss again to mix everything well.
- Taste it, you might need to add another splash of fish sauce or a bit more dark soy sauce to your taste. Some people add a little sugar too, I don’t – I’m quite sweet enough already, thank you very much. Add one tablespoon of rice vinegar and give it a toss. A turn or two of pepper, another quick toss, and you are done!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by emgee415 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes