- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso
- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup pinot grigio, divided
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound seafood (shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, calamari)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
How to Make It
Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and miso and sauté 2 minutes. Add Basmati or Jasmine rice and continue to saute for 1 more minute. Pour in 1/2 cup wine and stir until all liquid is absorbed. Add 1 1/2 cups water, reduce heat to medium, and cover.
Cook 10 minutes if preparing with Jasmine Rice (about 15 minutes with Basmati Rice).
Remove lid and stir in bell pepper, seafood and remaining 1/2 cup wine. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 more minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.