- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (2- to 2 1/2-pound) pork loin end roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
How to Make It
Rub 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over surface of roast; dredge roast in flour. Brown roast on all sides in butter and oil in a large, deep cast iron skillet.
Remove roast from skillet; drain on paper towels. Sauté onion in pan drippings until tender. Place roast over onions; add carrots and potatoes. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over vegetables.
Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until quick-registering meat thermometer registers 170°. Transfer roast to a serving platter. Drain vegetables, and place around roast. Slice and serve.