Oysters with Spicy Granita
Cold water makes good oysters, and in winter, they're at their plump, luscious best. West Coast varieties, such as Kumamotos and Olympias, have a creamy sweetness we can't resist.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 or 2 minced fresh jalapeÃ±os
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- Oysters on the half shell
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, jalapeño, sugar, salt, and lime zest.
- 2. Pour mixture into a metal baking pan and freeze.
- 3. Use a fork to scrape the frozen mixture into an icy mound and spoon it onto oysters.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers