Oysters with Mignonette
Cold water makes good oysters, and in winter, they're at their plump, luscious best. West Coast varieties, such as Kumamotos and Olympias, have a creamy sweetness we can't resist.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Oysters on the half shell
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together champagne vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, shallots, and sugar.
- 2. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as a topping for oysters.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers