Oysters Rockefeller Strata with Artichokes
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 181mg
- Iron: 6.3mg
- Sodium: 1018mg
- Calcium: 395mg
- 4 bacon slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fennel bulb (about 2 bulbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) container standard oysters, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped smoked ham (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf sourdough bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices and toasted
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Add fennel and onion to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until soft. Remove bacon mixture from pan. Add undrained oysters to pan; cook 3 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl. Remove oysters from pan; discard cooking liquid. Chop oysters; add to bacon mixture. Stir in ham, parsley, and artichokes.
- Combine ricotta, nutmeg, red pepper, and 1 egg in a bowl; stir with a whisk until well-blended. Add 4 eggs; stir well. Stir in milk and spinach.
- Arrange half of toast in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon half of oyster mixture evenly over bread. Pour half of milk mixture over oyster mixture; repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
- Note: Fresh shucked oysters, which are often packaged in pop-top containers, come in three sizes; select, standard, and stewing. Standard are average size.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles