- 2 dozen unshucked oysters
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rock salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Rinse oysters in cold water. Shuck oysters, reserving deep half of shells; place oysters in colander to drain. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter, and sherry; set aside. Combine spinach, onion, seasoned salt, and Worcestershire sauce, and set aside.
- Sprinkle a layer of rock salt in bottom of a large broiling pan. Place oysters in half shells; arrange shells on rock salt. Top oysters evenly with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; top evenly with breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Broil 4 inches from heating element 2 minutes or until browned. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes