- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice (from 1 or 2 large grapefruit, preferably pink)
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar dissolved in 1/2 tbsp. hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Rock salt or crushed ice (see Notes)
- 3 dozen chilled small to medium oysters on the half-shell
- calories 12
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 0.8 g
- fat 0.3 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 1.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 13 mg
- cholesterol 6.2 mg
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients except rock salt and oysters, pour into a loaf pan (to a depth of about 1 in.), and freeze 1 hour. Rake and crush mixture with the tines of a fork and freeze for another hour. Rake and crush mixture again and freeze 1 hour more.
Spread rock salt on a platter. Rake and crush granita a final time into fine crystals. Set oysters in place and top each with a spoonful of granita.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.