- 1 (16-ounce) container Standard oysters, undrained
- 2 slices lower sodium bacon
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (1-ounce) slices white bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- calories 292
- fat 6.4 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- protein 26.4 g
- carbohydrate 30.9 g
- cholesterol 144 mg
- iron 9.4 mg
- sodium 890 mg
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fiber 1.2 g
- calcium 223 mg
How to Make It
Drain oysters, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; set oysters and liquid aside.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add reserved oyster liquid; cook 1 minute, stirring well. Reduce heat to medium.
Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth; stir in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to mushroom mixture; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently. Stir in sherry, oysters, shrimp, salt, and pepper; bring mixture to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Cut toasted bread in half diagonally; place 2 toast points on each of 4 individual serving plates. Spoon mixture evenly over toast points. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and chives.